R visas are for religious workers who are pursuing temporary religious work in the United States. R visas must be petitioned for by the applicant’s employer in the U.S. R visas are usually for up to five years. R visa holders must only work in a religious capacity. R visa applicants must have been a member of a religious denomination for at least two years. Their religious denomination must have a bona fide, established nonprofit religious organization in the United States. The religious organization must have or be qualified for tax-exempt status in the United States.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *