The J visa classification is primarily for participants of exchange programs who have a foreign residence and are not seeking to immigrate to the United States. J visas allow for camp counselors, government visitors, interns, international physicians, professors and scholars, and au pair exchange program participants from other countries to visit the United States. Depending on the exchange program and the visitor’s qualifications, the visitor could be allowed to work or study temporarily in the time they are in the United States. The visitor must first be accepted in to the designated exchange program before applying for a J visa.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *